Monday, March 7, 2016

Getting Stuck

I find sometimes I fall in love and buy beads without thinking the whole thing through; the result is sitting (hoarding) beads until I find something that will compliment and suit the project. I have held on to things sometimes for years. I have in the worst cases lost interest and decided to do a destash.
A Beader's destash is defined as having so many beads one must literally let go of some of the hoard or stash. Some choose to sell them, gift them, or donate them. I know last year I sold over 30 pounds of beads ( if it was that easy to lose 30 pounds from my body I would be tiny ). It's a good feeling I tell you, freeing up the work space and allowing more space for things that won't pose for such a difficult task. I really love working with odd things.
Last year I started really trying to find unique items often handmade and working with them. I felt like anything that was unusual would sell well. Be easy to work with, I was wrong; most bead creators don't often take in whether or no their work will compliment other beads and often times do not sell them in kits of beads but singles or small 3-5 piece sets. This posed for a difficult challenge I had never faced before. Shopping online also I didn't always check the millimeters of what the dimensions were, often finding myself stuck with petite beads or even worse, giant oversized beads that will be hard for me to pair anything with. I am not one for Baubles, nor am I one to do intricate detailed projects that require small petite beads.
I have some beads I have been saving from this first initial collecting, I am still sorting through them. Some colors still don't want to match any of the beads I have, which means  I am really going to have to pull a rabbit out of the hat (so to speak). Here are a few designs I have finally got around to. I will say if you love a bead or a finding, don't give up. It might just be that the right complementing beads have not shown themselves to you just yet.
The ever creative mess,
Nova Leigh
These key charms I held on to for over a year...... worth it

This pendant and complimenting beads had to be reworked twice before I made my final decision on this as the final product.....

Thanks for checking out my Blog <3

No comments:

Post a Comment