Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Put That Phone Down!

The Truth of Photography
 

When I first became a presence online I didn't know the importance of taking good photos, it seemed so convenient to whip out the smart phone, point and shoot. What was wrong with me?
I admit I have posted my fair share of out of focus pictures, but it didn't take long before I saw how important it was to get the right pictures. Especially when I started breaking away from boutiques and establishing more of a presence online.
Social Media is the #1 way to market online, seriously! I have paid to promote my listings online, I have tried my own website. Maybe I am going about it all in a wrong way or outlook but I have found the best way to engage with your audience is to post crisp clean amazing photos.
The other day, while I finished a project I started to whip out the smart phone, I only had three items to post and that was it. Surely I can just take them with my phone and get it right? Right?
No!
I went to snap the photos, and noticed the difference immediately.
If you don't have a somewhat professional camera and you want to be serious about this business please I urge you to make the investment.
I have seen radical growth in my business just from taking the time to get some good professional photos.
It will not come overnight, but with practice you will learn what "feels" right. Don't forget to play with props, get good lighting. All these factor in. My favorite time of day to capture my work is either in the morning light before the harsh sun starts its blanching, or in the evening when the sun is dipping down just above the tree lines. These are the easiest photos to edit. These will make you a better photo. Trust me.

The ever creative,
Nova Leigh

I went from this:
(Taken with my phone)
 
 
To this!
(taken with a cannon Power Shot camera)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment