Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Time Enough at Last

Time enough at last, a short story/ show from the Twilight Zone series. A man survives a tremendous calamity in which he is the only survivor. He was so frustrated with his life before and the rush of all things that he gets very overjoyed at the thought of having time enough to read any book he so chooses.
I am reminded in some ways of this character, I have been given time to do some things which I have put off because of this virus looming over us all like a dangerous war we cannot see. It has lead me to think myself into an optimistic state of mind to survive these long hours of solitude with my children. Which only momentarily provide me with comfort before turning on each other and becoming hostile as many siblings do.
Some of my friends on Facebook suggest different activities to try with them to keep them entertained and one I have found to be really rewarding is painting with watercolor and salt which my friend Gladys sent me a tutorial on.
It took me several days to find the time to do an activity with my kids. I have always wanted this painting, which is very saturated on the internet, I adore it none the less. So I decided since I have the time to try and perfect my own version of this piece.

While it's going to take me a little time to learn different techniques with this new medium I am really excited to see where this is going! :)
Namaste,
Nova Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment